Practice Nursing Links
Aged Care Links
GP Liaison Links
Mental Health Links
- Ausienet – Australian Network for Promotion, Prevention and Early Intervention for Mental Health
- ARAFMI Mental Health Carers & Friends Association Incorporated
- Before You Think Suicide – There are other answers. White Wreath Association. Info here
- Living is for Everyone (LIFE) – A suicide and self-harm prevention resource for everyone
- LifeLine – Suicide prevention training programs
- Living Works – Their mission is to create learning experiences that help communities prevent suicide
- Mental Health Sites – This map serves as a locality guide to Mental Health Services by suburb; in the North Metro Health Area
- SANE Australia – National charity helping people affected by mental illness
- Suicide Prevention Australia – Suicide prevention information service with suicide and depression info, statistics and help throughout Australia
- Suicide prevention support materials – Resources such as: How organisations can respond to suicide risk; Postvention strategies and Suicide risk policy and protocals
- Suicide, Impulsivity and Crisis – the means matters! – Some suicides are deliberative, however many appear to have an impulsive component
- BOiMHCI – Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care Initiative (BOiMHCI) Familiarisation Training
- BeyondBlue – National, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related substance misuse disorders in Australia.
- BluePages – Provides information about depression for consumers, Produced by the Centre for Mental Health Research (CMHR) at Australian National Uni (ANU) and CSIRO Math & Info Sciences (CMIS)
- Carers WA – Provides information and resources for carers
- Centre for Clinical Interventions WA public Mental Health Service – includes of how to refer and great resources for GPs and patients
- Children of Parents with a Mental Illness. – Worker Resource Centre. Australian Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Association Limited
- DepressioNet – Comprehensive online resource for Australians living with depression and our families and friends to come for information, help & support
- GPLearning – Online CPD modules, including some accredited for registration with the Better Outcomes in Mental Health Care Initiative
- It’s All Right – SANE’s website for young people whose lives are affected by mental illness.
- Ministerial Council for Suicide Prevention – Seeks to increase access to and availability of suicide prevention information for professionals, researchers and community members
- Medscape – Comprehensive medical website from WEBMD; all areas including psychiatry and primary health care
- Mental Health Council of Australia
- Mental Health Law Centre
- MindBodyLife – resented as a source of information on ways to enhance physical wellbeing – especially for people living with a mental illness and for the people who care about them
- Relationships Australia – Committed to enhancing the lives of communities, families and individuals by being the leading professional provider of quality relationship support services.
- The Black Dog Institute – Educational Research and Clinical facility; Offers specialist expertise mood disorders incl. depression and Bipolar Disorder. Attached to the Prince of Wales Hospital and affiliated with Uni of NSW
- The Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia – (Schizophrenia Fellowship’s Council of Australia) National body with state and territory member organisations supporting representing people with severe mental illness and their carers.
- WA Association for Mental Health
- WA Network of Alcohol and Drug Agencies – Includes a directory of community alcohol and drug agencies
- World Health Organisation (WHO) Mental Health – Contains information of mental health topics, publications, links and events & media
Promoting Living Links
- Mental Health Council of Australia – MHCA is the independent, national representative network of organisations and individuals committed to achieving better mental health for everyone in Australia.
- Multicultural Mental Health Australia – MMHA provides national leadership in mental health and suicide prevention for Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse CALD)backgrounds.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Links