Welcome to Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local
Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local (PCEMML) is a leading not-for-profit charity in the primary health care sector focusing on the delivery of quality health outcomes to local communities by supporting primary health care providers and consumers. We seek to build better health and well-being for health professionals and consumers through leadership in the coordination and provision of effective primary care services. We have a strong history in the delivery of locally relevant services, service innovation, and partnerships with local providers. Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local acknowledges the support of the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing, the Department of Health Western Australia, and a range of other funders and sponsors that assist us to achieve better health outcomes for consumers in our catchment area.
To be a globally acclaimed organisation in the support and delivery of community-based primary health care.
To build better health and well-being for all through leadership in the coordination and provision of effective General Practice and community health services.
Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local is committed to:
- Positively impact the health of our community by providing valuable solutions and services that assist our stakeholders to benefit from the constant change in primary health care;
- As an industry leader be consistently known for our integrity, operational excellence and stakeholder satisfaction; and,
- Developing positive and fulfilling relationships.
- Leadership – moral /ethical and political willingness to act in the interest of our members and the community;
- Enterprise / Excellence / Efficiency – innovation, quality and value creation;
- Accountability – transparency and responsibility;
- Relationship building / Reputation – collaboration and credibility; and,
- Nurturing organisation – growth, sustainability a focus on people.
Our Commitment to Quality
Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local is an accredited organisation under ISO 9001:2008 quality management standards. In addition, our medical practices are accredited under General Practice Quality Standards. We maintain provider registration with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and the Royal College of Nursing Australia.
Our Board of Directors
Perth Central and East Metro Medicare Local is governed by a skills-based Board of Directors drawn both from the membership of the organisation and through direct appointment. Board members are elected and appointed at PCEMML’s Annual General Meeting and are responsible for overseeing governance matters.
Board of Directors 2011 / 2012:
- Adj/Associate Professor Marcus Tan FAICD, FRACGP - Chairperson
- Dr Michael Jones – Deputy Chairperson
- Mr Anthony Evans FCPA, FCIS, MAICD – Chairperson, Finance and Risk Management Committee
- Professor Jill Downie
- Dr Pamela Hendry
- Dr Frank Kubicek FACCRM
- Adj/Professor Christopher McGowan GAICD
- Dr Simon Torvaldsen
Ms Learne Durrington - Chief Executive Officer
Mrs Jonine Collins – General Manager Primary Care & Population Health
Mr Michael Keeble – General Manager Business Services